Diploma in Pharmacy
Training Rules and Regulations
Mr R M Dotalle is appointed as Training and Placement in Charge to,Interested students should approach to the concern within time limit and collect the prescribed form.The prescribed form is also available on college web site
PCI Rules and Regulations for completion of Practical training:
Diploma in Pharmacy (Part-III)
(1) After having appeared in Part-II examination for the Diploma in Pharmacy, conducted by Board/University or other approved Examining Body or any other course accepted as being equivalent by the Pharmacy Council of India, a candidate shall be eligible to undergo practical training in one or more of the following institutions namely:
(2) The institutions referred in sub-regulation (1) shall be eligible to impart training subject to the condition that number of student pharmacists that may be taken in any hospital, pharmacy, chemist and druggist and drugs manufacturing unit licensed under the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945 made under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 shall not exceed two where there is one registered pharmacist engaged in the work in which the student pharmacist is undergoing practical training, where there is more than one registered pharmacist similarly engaged, the number shall not exceed one for each additional such registered pharmacist.
(3) Hospital and Dispensary other than those specified in sub-regulation (1) for the purpose of giving practical training shall have to be recognised by Pharmacy Council of India on fulfilling the conditions specified in Appendix â€“D to these regulations.
(4) In the course of practical training, the trainee shall have exposure to
(5) The practical training shall be not less than five hundred hours spread over a period of not less than three months, provided that not less than two hundred and fifty hours are devoted to actual dispensing of prescriptions.
21. Procedure to be followed prior to commencing of the training:-
(1) The head of an academic training institution, on application, shall supply in triplicate 'Practical Trainning Contract Form for qualification as a Pharmacist' (hereinafter referred to as the Contract Form ) to candidate eligible to under take the said practical training. The Contract Form shall be as specified in Appendix-E to these regulations.
(2) The Head of an academic training institution shall fill section I of the Contract Form. The trainee shall fill Section II of the said Contract Form and the Head of the institution agreeing to impart the training (hereinafter referred to as the Apprentice Master) shall fill Section III of the said Contract From.
(1) It shall be the responsibility of the trainee to ensure that one copy (hereinafter referred to as the first copy of the Contract Form) so filled is submitted to the Head of the academic training institution and the other two copies (hereinafter referred to as the Second copy and the third copy) shall be filed with the Apprentice Master (if he so desires) or with the trainee pending completion of the training.
22. Certificate of passing Diploma in Pharmacy Part-III:-
On satisfactory completion of the apprentice period, the Apprentice Master shall fill SECTION IV of the second copy and third copy of the Contract Form and cause it to be sent to the head of the academic training institution who shall suitably enter in the first copy of the entries from the second copy and third copy and shall fill SECTION V of the three copies of Contract Form and thereafter hand over both the second copy and third copy to the trainee.
This, if completed in all respects, shall be regarded as a certificate of having successfully completed the course of Diploma in Pharmacy (Part-III).