MCP has an excellent Library.It covers 2100 sq.ft. The library has been carefully planned to have more space and natural lighting for the comfort of the users. It has the capacity to accommodate 200 students at a time. Besides the comfortable seating and reading environment, the library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of CD-ROM,online databases, video cassettes, books, journals, back volumes of journals. The library has all the facilities for the students to learn. The Library is committed to provide easily accessible information support to its users.
- The Library user shall not engage in audible conversation in any part of the Library;
- A person shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the Library;
- A person responsible for any damage caused by him / her to the books or any other property belonging to the Library, shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon him/her by the Librarian;
- The Security Guard at the Library gate will check all personal belongings including Library books issued to a member;
- Personal book(s) shall not be allowed inside the Library. Please leave them at the Property Counter;
- Use of mobile phone in the Library is prohibited;
- The reader should check the books before borrowing to ensure that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for the damage, discovered at the time of returning the books;
- Smoking, pan chewing and spitting in the library is prohibited;
- Photography is not allowed;
- and Membership privileges of a user can be suspended on account of misbehaviour with the Library staff or for indecent manners.
- Monday - Friday 8 am to 6 pm
- Saturday - 9 am to 2 pm
- Sunday - Closed
Only referral services are extended on Saturday, Sundays and Holidays when the Library operates on skeletal staff. However, Textbook Section remains operational all through the opening hours of the Library on all days. The Library remains closed on Republic Day (January 26), Independence Day (August 15), Dussehra, Diwali, Holi and Mahatma Gandhi's Birthday (October 2) in observance of the holidays.
Special arrangements are made to keep the Library open round the clock, before and during the minor and major examinations.A portion of Library on the ground floor has been segregated as an independent Library Reading Room where users can bring their personal books and other reading materials. Reading Room is open to authorized users 24 hours a day.
The Library subscribes to 690 current journals. The Library has a rich collection of books on science and technology including chemistry, mathematics, physics, chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, textile engineering, biochemical and biomedical engineering. Besides, Library also has a good collection in the areas of humanities and social sciences.The collection on humanities and social sciences is housed on the ground floor of the Library. Besides General Collection, the Library has segregated specialized collection having separate collection codes mentioned below :
|Collection||Collection Size in Number|